Table of Contents
SSC GD stands for Staff Selection Commission General Duty recruitment. It is the post under which recruitment is done by the staff selection commission for the post of constables in the paramilitary forces of India namely CISF, CRPF, BSF, SSB, Assam Rifles, etc. It is one of the most sought-after posts amongst the youngsters preparing for government exams and for those who have a deep desire to serve the motherland.
Do you want to serve the motherland in the military service and had a desire to wear a military uniform and make it a career? If the answer is yes then, SSC GD can be your one opportunity to wear the military uniform and serve the nation. The pride in wearing a military uniform and serving the motherland cannot be compared to any other career.
SSC GD Constable
The candidates selected through the SSC GD recruitment will be posted as GD Constable in the allocated paramilitary force as per their choice of preference and ranking according to the performance in the written examination of SSC GD Recruitment. The person selected as GD Constable become a central government employee and work under the Ministry of Home Affairs of India.
The constables recruited through the SSC GD examination join initially on the post of Constable GD who is later promoted to Head Constable, Assistant Sub-Inspector, Sub-Inspector, and then Inspector. In the whole span of their career the candidates selected through SSC GD get a good number of promotions and reaches a dignified position, where they command enormous respect and a good amount of responsibility at the same time.
SSC GD Online
The recruitment of SSC GD is done through online mode. The applications are invited online and the written exam is also conducted online.
Every year Staff Selection Commission releases online notification for the recruitment to the post of Constable GD. The number of vacancies also lies in great numbers, ranging to about 50,000 posts per recruitment. You may apply directly on the official website of SSC
SSC GD Syllabus
Syllabus is an important factor that plays a vital role in the selection of a candidate. The preparation has to be followed by strictly adhering to the syllabus so that you don’t waste time studying irrelevant study materials.
Before digging into the SSC GD Syllabus, let us first understand the SSD GD Exam Pattern.
SSD GD Exam Pattern.
The SSC GD Exam pattern is defined by the Staff Selection Commission. The candidates who understand the exam pattern are more prepared than their competitors. The Exam pattern comprises of following stages of testing:-
- Computer-Based Examination (BSE)
- Physical Efficiency Test (PET)
- Physical Standard Test (PST)
- Detailed medical Examination.
A detailed summary of these stages is explained below:-
- Stage 1: Computer Based Examination (CBE):- Computer-based examination is an online test that is conducted on a computer. The candidates appear at the online centers which are allocated to them by the SSC. The exam consists of 100 multiple choice questions from among the four sections of the syllabus namely – Reasoning, Mathematics, General Knowledge, English/ Hindi. Each section carries 25 marks from 25 questions. The Computer-based examinations also carry ¼ negative marks for every incorrectly marked question.
- Stage 2: Physical Efficiency Test (PET) – Stage 2 of the selection procedure is the Physical Efficiency Test. The physical efficiency rest consists of a Run, the details of which are enumerated in the table below:-
|For Male Candidates||For Female Candidates|
|Race||5 km in 24 mins||1.6 km in 8 Min 30 Secs|
- Stage 3: Physical Standard Test (PST) – Stage 3 of the selection procedure involves the physical measurements of a candidate’s height, weight, chest which should be as per the standards prescribed by the physical assessing authority. The details of the Physical standard test are provided in the official notification. Read the official notification.
- Stage 4: Detailed medical Examination – Stage 4 of the test is a detailed medical examination. The candidates who qualify for the Computer-based examination, Physical Efficiency Test, and Physical Standard test are then called for the detailed medical examination, which is also the last stage of the selection procedure. A detailed medical examination is conducted to assess the medical health suitability of a candidate as per standards of paramilitary to enable them to become a soldier. The examination of medical health includes the blood, urine sample test, Defective Colour Vision, LASIK Surgery, Over/Under Weight, Under Chest, Piles, Gynecomastia, Tonsillitis, Veri-Cocele, Aids and any other test that is prescribed by the medical officer during the procedure that he thinks is required for candidates.
SSC GD Syllabus
After learning about the examination pattern, let us understand the syllabus for an informed preparation strategy.
The SSC GD Syllabus for General Intelligence and Reasoning, General Knowledge and General Awareness, Elementary Mathematics, and English/ Hindi are as follows:-
General Intelligence & Reasoning:
Analytical aptitude and ability to observe and distinguish patterns will be tested through questions principally of non-verbal type. This component may include questions on analogies, similarities and differences, spatial visualization, spatial orientation, visual memory, discrimination, observation, relationship concepts, arithmetical reasoning and figural classification, arithmetic number series, non-verbal series, coding, and decoding, etc
General Knowledge and General Awareness:
Questions in this component will be aimed at testing the candidate’s general awareness of the environment around him. Questions will also be designed to test knowledge of current events and such matters of everyday observations and experience in their scientific aspect as may be expected of any educated person. The test will also include questions relating to India and its neighboring countries especially pertaining to sports, History, Culture, Geography, Economic Scene, General Polity, Indian Constitution, and Scientific Research, etc. These Questions will be such that they do not require a special study of any discipline
This paper will include questions on problems relating to Number Systems, Computation of Whole Numbers, Decimals and Fractions and relationship between Numbers, Fundamental arithmetical operations, Percentages, Ratio and Proportion, Averages, Interest, Profit and Loss, Discount, Mensuration, Time and Distance, Ratio and Time, Time and Work, etc.
Candidates’ ability to understand basic English/ Hindi and their basic comprehension would be tested. The questions in all the above components will be of Matriculation level.
SSC GD Notification 2021
SSC GD notification was published in July 2018, whose recruitment procedure is almost completed.
The SSC GD Notification 2021 for the year 2021 is likely to be released in the month of July 2021. Thousands of candidates are waiting eagerly for the SSC GD Notification 2021. The latest updates about online notification, admit card and all other details may be checked here.
SSC GD Salary
Salary is one of the most popular questions that lie in the minds of aspirants preparing for the SSC GD examination. Here we will discuss all information related to the SSC GD salary structure:-
The candidates selected through SSC GD for the post of GD constable are placed in the Pay Scale: Rs 21700- 69100. Apart from the basic pay a newly joined constable also gets Dearness Allowance, Transportation allowance, House rent allowance, Risk Allowance, High Altitude Allowance, and other allowances as admissible according to the place of posting. In a nutshell, a newly recruited constable may get an initial salary of around 35,000 rupees.
The GD Constable salary grows with the number of years of service you have served, as the government employees get one annual increment each year, and also the increase of DA twice a year makes the salary grow substantially. Also, with every promotion your pay scale changes according to the pay matrix, which also lets you get paid more as compared to earlier, after every promotion.
SSC GD Previous year paper
SSC GD Previous year paper is a must for getting success in the present time of high competitiveness. The previous year’s papers provide a detailed analysis, as to which types of questions are being asked by the commission presently. Solving previous year’s papers of SSC GD Constable from various sources makes you confident and takes you closer to the success of your dream job. You can also find SSC GD previous year papers from the SSC GD mock test suggested by www.sarkarinaukariinfo.com
SSC GD Mock Test
Attempting mock tests for any competitive examination is very important and plays a vital role in getting selected for the post. The mock test must be attempted at regular intervals along with the preparation. If you desire to take a mock test you may try this.
SSC GD RECRUITMENT FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What is SSC GD salary?
The candidates selected through SSC GD for the post of GD constable are placed in the Pay Scale: Rs 21700- 69100.
What is SSC GD qualifications?
Class 10th or its equivalent exam passed.
What is SSC GD full details?
What is physical test in SSC GD?
Stage 2 of the selection procedure is the Physical Efficiency Test. The physical efficiency rest consists of a Run, the details of which are enumerated in the table below:-
For Male Candidates : 5 km in 24 mins
For Female Candidates : 1.6 km in 8 Min 30 Secs